insanitary adj : not sanitary or healthful; "unsanitary open sewers"; "grim and unsanitary conditions" [syn: unsanitary, unhealthful] [ant: sanitary]
- misspelling of unsanitary
- Of or pertaining to a lack of sanitation; unsanitary, dirty, unhealthy.
- WASHINGTON, Sept. 13, 2005 - Enslin & Sons Packing Co., a Hattiesburg, Miss., firm, is voluntarily recalling approximately 2,890 pounds of sausage and bacon products processed under insanitary conditions due to the company's water system being inadvertently compromised by Hurricane Katrina, the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food Safety and Inspection Service announced today.
- The objective of this policy is to discharge BA04 responsibilities with respect to the dangerous and insanitary buildings. The policy also includes Council’s general approach, priorities and application to heritage buildings.http://www.wellington.govt.nz/plans/policies/dangerous/pdfs/dangerous.pdf
- Under the Public and Environmental Health Act 1987, the Section investigates complaints regarding housing conditions considered insanitary. An 'insanitary condition' means that the premises may give rise to a risk to health, pose a risk of infestation by rodents or other pests or emit offensive material or odours. http://www.tourism.holdfast.sa.gov.au/site/page.cfm?u=522